Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Polyvore let's you mix & match to your heart's content

Even though fashion trend tuesday is usually LeShan's department I'm going to attempting one today only because the site speaks for itself. Though creativity in fashion isn't my cup of tea I might be able to brew a pot or two after playing around on Polyvore.

I first heard about Polyvore from Lena's Notebook. The site uses a unique web application that lets you mix and match images from the web. You can create full outfits from head to toe, new ideas for your living room or any collage that suits your fancy. Apparently it's highly addictive, or so the site claims and so I've gathered from Lena. (I love her To Do list!) The stats are impressive. Since the site launched in February, 2007:

  • 1.4 million unique visitors per month
  • 300,000 registered users
  • 2.2 million sets created
  • 2.3 million products

I played around a little bit on Polyvore this evening and am hooked. I started by choosing a background and immediately fell in love with the ones from aliciabock.com. Here is my first attempt. Now keep in mind I am very left brained so this isn't the coolest set you'll find on Polyvore:



If we're lucky LeShan will discover Polyvore and then we can all be seriously impressed! I admit it, I could spend a lot of time on the site but will sign off for now. One thing that's really awesome is you can check out featured sets like this one and it details every item (name and from where it came). In fact, I just checked my set above and the site had already broken it down with links to purchase the items pictured. SO COOL!

If you're like me and need a little help when it comes to creaticity in fashion, check out Polyvore's blog. I am loving the Scooby Doo Halloween costume ideas! The blog also has great fashion tips such as what to wear with argyle and how to accessorize high-waisted skirts. Fashion lovers, beware and be well rested. You'll be mixing and matching for hours on end. Have fun! --Emily

No comments: