Monday, March 3, 2008

anti-fashion, fashion blog

Can you tell which image is from the 70's and which is the latest trend? (The one on the left is Mischa Barton.) I think they actually made these high waisted pants even uglier, talk about the ultimate "mom" pants!





"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months". --Oscar Wilde.

Don't get me wrong, I love fashion, I think I have always loved it. Like when I used to sew my own mini skirts when I was 10 years old. Fashion has always been a part of society and will always be. The thing that rubs me wrong like a cheap suit, is when following every latest trend becomes what we live and die by. Some of the best designers are the ones who followed their own style and didn't go after the latest this or that. Be your own designer, break some rules and start your own fashion trends. "Trust with your heart and not your head" --Dove Chocolate foil (so much wisdom in a little wrapper). Many of the best fashion designers did just that; take for example: Betsy Johnson, crazy, girly, and fun wear; Ralph Lauren, classic yet always with an edge that is all its own, and one of my favorite tees designer, Amy Tangerine, unique,cute and comfortable. All of these designers did their own thing, they followed their heart.

No one has ever been a trend setter by following the latest trends! Fashion is only ugly when it's not your own.--LeShan

No comments: