Actually, it's more like "Britney Spears before and after...four kids, a haircut and no Photoshop." The latest veto challenge from MomDot's America's Next Top Blogger fits right in with a fashion trend Tuesday:
As MomDot is a major Brit Brit fan, we want you to dress up like Britney Spears…You can be the bald one, the Baby one more Time, the Circus Britney…whatever you want.So which Britney did I channel? The only one I felt comfortable enough posting for the virtual world to see!
I'll take Britney picture submissions till 10am central time via my EMAIL and then let the site VOTE who makes the best Britney as the winner. So get creative…hold signs, get your kids involved (maybe your DH is K-Fed?), and come up with your most creative Britney you can muster.
A few disclaimers about the photo:
- It was after 1:00 a.m. in the morning when I decided to actually participate in this challenge.
- I have lots of young Facebook "friends" and had to keep it PG rated.
- Being that it was after 1:00 a.m., everyone was asleep so my "photographer" was a self-timer on the camera, which sat on the piano bench aimed at our living room couch.
- I don't have long, blonde hair or a long, blonde wig (though my DH might like that...hmmm...may have to look into purchasing one)
- My false eyelashes kept falling off...self-adhesive? Whatever!
- Three words: no professional makeup artist.
- The batteries in the camera were dead (Doré, I totally feel your ANTB pain!), every set I tried from each of the remotes was dead; I finally found one set of charged batteries after a dozen "you've got to be freakin' kidding me's."
- I have birthed four children and am most likely twice Britney's age when she took her photo.
That being said, here is the final photo I submitted to the challenge. (It looked a lot better at 3:00 a.m.) By the time I had it cropped and played around with some effects (in a program I am still learning) it was 3:00 a.m. I sent Trisha the photo and got ready for bed only to remain awake for at least another half an hour. DH was up around 6:00 a.m. for work. Needless to say if I took that photo this morning the bags under my eyes would match the heavy black eyeliner on my lids! But hey, I did it!
Click here to view all the Britney Spears look-alike photos from the challenge. It's definitely worth your time...you'll be ROTFL, promise! --Emily