Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tees for Change: inspiring, organic, & eco-friendly

I. Love. T-shirts. And that's probably the understatement of the year. My favorite outfit is a comfy pair of jeans and a super comfy tee, except in winter when it's a comfy pair of jeans and one comfy tee layered over another. I love it when I find a new line of tees like the PeaceLoveMom tees I reviewed on Boutique Cafe a few weeks ago.

Today's fashion trend tuesday features Tees for Change, a company I heard about only last week but wish I'd heard about sooner. Their line of eco-friendly t-shirts are not only super comfortable but stylishly simple and foster positive thinking with statements like "chase dreams," "practice kindness" and "live passionately." For babies my favorite is "dream big." They offer five different styles, from organic cotton fine jersey tees to bamboo raglan sleeves. All are super comfy and their styles appear to have a really flattering fit.

The tees from Tees for Change are all fair trade and made under sweatshop-free conditions from 100% organic cotton in the U.S. or 70% bamboo/30% organic cotton in Turkey. Just as cool as their eco-friendly fabrics is their commitment to giving back. Tees for Change has partnered with Trees for the Future and plants a tree for every tee purchased. (Trees for the Future plants trees in Asia, Latin America and Africa.)

With inspiring messages and an inspiring story, how can you not want your own Tees for Change t-shirt? I'd have purchased one by now but I'm having a hard time deciding which inspiring message is my favorite. Good thing I have a few pairs of comfy jeans just in case I need to buy more than one!

Right now Tees for Change is offering customers a free organic cotton tank with a purchase of $50 or more and they have $4.95 flat-rate shipping! Tees for Change make a great gift for friends and family, and you'll be giving back to the environment too. 'Tis the season to give, so give some 100% organic inspiration! --Emily

No comments: