Thursday, November 12, 2009

Treasures & tidbits from Yo Gabba Gabba!

I didn't use to be a fan of Yo Gabba Gabba! It ranked right up there with Teletubbies and Boobah for near-creepy shows for toddlers. But over the past week or so my youngest has become obsessed with the show (obsessed as in I've seen the four Yo Gabba Gabba! episodes currently on DVR about a thousand times each) and as much as I hate to say it, the show has started to grow on me.

Okay, so I still think some of those 3-second shorts between scenes are a little strange and the whole thing a little psychedelic BUT I have fallen in love with a couple catchy tunes. No, not "Try It, You'll Like It," though that does come in handy at dinnertime, or "Party in My Tummy"--okay that one just makes me laugh. I'm talking about some of the little treasures below. (The first two aren't anywhere near high def but you'll get the idea.)

The Little Ones singing "Hey, Won't Somebody Come and Play":



And The Postmarks singing "Balloons":



Which led me to watch their "Let Go" video also on YouTube:



Then you have one of my latest favorite tidbits, "I Found Love" performed by Trembling Blue Stars. Sorry about the overlap on this one but without it you wouldn't be able to push the play button!



(I found this little video here.)

So I am absolutely loving Yo Gabba Gabba! if for no other reason than introducing me to some pretty cool, previously obscure bands. I've gone on to check out more of their songs and videos and that may eventually lead to buying their CDs. So thanks, YGG, for promoting indie artists! --Emily

2 comments:

Jill K said...

Isn't that show amazing for keeping kid's attention?!
I love seeing all the bands they showcase too.

Quinn said...

Haven't gotten into Yo Gabba Gabba, but am tempted to now after your post. Thanks, Em! xoxo