Thursday, April 24, 2008

Laughing Starfish Jewelry offers one-of-a-kind nursing necklaces

And yet these necklaces don't look like your typical nursing necklaces. I reviewed Laughing Starfish last week on Boutique Cafe's Daily Dish and I just had to highlight them on today's that's hot! thursday. I've fallen in love with my Laughing Starfish nursing necklace and I haven't nursed my little girl in over 3 months!

For those who don't know what a nursing necklace is or what purpose it serves, it is a necklace “designed to be interesting and fun for little hands while strong enough to be tugged and yanked.” And if it's a really cool nursing necklace it should also be stylish enough to be worn without baby in tow, and Laughing Starfish Jewelry is just that!

My Blue Skies Over Paris necklace entertains my little one without being cheesy. I love this quote from the artist’s site: “It has been my experience … that my children always preferred things that were more adult - as illustrated by the dozens of times I spent hours trying to locate what they did with my car keys while their colorful plastic ones sat ignored in their toy box.” Laughing Starfish’s beautiful necklaces are tuggable works of art (many are limited editions because of the beads) and I haven’t seen one I wouldn’t wear on its own.

I’ve worn my Blue Skies necklace more than other necklaces in my “everyday” collection. The high-quality construction ("tested" by the artist’s own children) means no broken cords or strings or beads flying this way and that. (I can’t say the same for a couple other favorites–casualties of that crazy strength all babies seem to have!)

Each necklace comes gift wrapped and includes the sweetest little starfish charm on the clasp. Besides beautiful nursing necklaces Laughing Starfish Jewelry also has equally beautiful bracelets, earrings and other accessories. A word of advice: make sure you order two lengths of cord for your necklace, a longer one so baby can easily play with the pendant and a shorter one just for you! –Emily

No comments: