Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hostess with the Mostess--a most complete guide to entertaining

I don't even remember how I came across this site but I'm so glad I did! Hostess with the Mostess is a perfect fit for our wonderful web wednesday, as it's a truly wonderful guide for all things entertaining. Claiming to be the "'go-to' guide for everyone from the first-time hostess to the seasoned party guru," Hostess with the Mostesss (or HWTM) is that and so much more.

Hostess with the Mostess helps you throw "celebrations with a modern twist." The site provides "party themes that are clever, contemporary and out of the ordinary - then help[s] you recreate them yourself with detailed how-to's, where-to-buy's, tips, and advice." You'll find an extensive list of party themes for bridal showers, baby showers, holiday parties and other special occasions. And for those who need to brush up on their entertaining skills (and even for those who already have mad party skills), check out Entertaining 101 for decorating ideas, real-life parties, and feature articles. The site also offers fabulous finds, great gift ideas, recipes, and "yummy reads."

If you've got space on your Google homepage or reader, add the Hostess with the Mostess blog to your feeds. You'll get daily updates on party planning, the perfect tools for entertaining, and even surprise giveaways! I love to entertain but rarely have the time, energy, or clean home to do so, but that doesn't stop me from loving Hostess with the Mostess. Someday I'll be that hostess but until then I'll have to personally test out all the yummy recipes so I'm ready to go when it's party time. ;) --Emily

I am thankful for the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends. --Nancie J. Carmody

No comments: