Today's mompreneur monday post is short and sweet: spread the love. When you support other women in business, whether it's a shout-out on your blog, some much needed advice or mentoring, an act of service in time of need, anything that helps make the road to success a little bit easier is what I call spreading the love. When you help spread a little love I guarantee it will come back to you tenfold; it may not be immediate but it will happen.
Speaking of spreading the love, my friend Stephanie over at Bondville sent a little love our way in her recent post "Cool Websites: Proximidade Award." Bondville received the Proximidade Award, which "is all about community - sharing, celebrating others, and commending those who are building something special online." Bondville received the award from KidStyleFile and she in turn bestowed it upon us and seven other fantastic sites. (You'll have to read her post for the full list.) Thank you, Steph, for nominating us for the award!
Here is the official statement about the award:
These blogs invest and believe in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes for self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!"We are more than happy to send some attention to our favorite blogs!
Official rules for recipients of the award: This blog award should be sent to your favorite eight bloggers and they, in turn should forward to eight of their favorites. You should include the text for Proximidade (above) in your announcement blog. Here are the blogs we feel are all about community--and spreading the love, of course:
- Boutique Cafe -- Yes, I am a bit biased since I write for the site but Daria is one of the most amazing women I know. BC is all about community and friendship.
- MomDot -- Another great community for moms and mom bloggers. The posts on this blog make me smile, cry, swear and occasionally wet my pants. Thanks, girls!
- Z Recommends -- This is my one-stop source for the latest reviews, news, comings and goings in the world of parenting. The ZRecs network is all about family.
- NieNie Dialogues -- No explanation necessary...
- c jane enjoy it-- If you've followed the story of Stephanie Nielsen and her family (see NieNie Dailogues above) then you know all about this blog and I'm sure love it just as much as I do.
- StartupPrincess -- One of my favorite sites for women in business. With all the Fairy Godmothers and Startup Princesses, it feels like you're part of a royal family!
- Mom It Forward -- This site is all about moms giving service. Now THAT'S spreading some serious love!
- A Mom in Red High Heels -- I love Tammy and I love her blog. It's all about helping moms look and feel their best. Gotta love that!