Monday, March 30, 2009

Posting, schmosting

Even my very red, very Type-A personality needs to take a back seat to life sometimes, and right now is one of those times. I failed to write a couple new posts last week and am skipping out on today's post as well. Why? Well, family's been in town all week and as much as I love it when they visit (it's always a PARTY!) a few things always fall by the wayside. But I have really good excuses for not posting last Thursday and Friday. Actually, I hope I can use these excuses again when they come for another visit in June!

For one, I spent some quality time with my mom and sister for our very first--and hopefully not last--girls "overnighter" out. We spent Thursday evening at The Gateway, eating at California Pizza Kitchen, shopping and catching Duplicity on the big screen. Then we checked in at a local hotel and stayed up until 2am suffering from serious fits of giggles. The next day was Home Again (really cute consignment store), Gardner Village, Tai Pan, Old Navy, and the mall. We got home with about 2 hours to spare before the adults went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and caught the 7:30pm showing of Knowing. Saturday was the Mom It Forward service project, a long nap and then a last night out with family.

My parents left this morning and now it's time to catch up on everything (except my blog) that fell through the cracks while we played. The main things? Laundry, toilets and taxes. Hopefully I'll be posting again very soon! --Emily

2 comments:

Susie said...

Breaks for life are very important in the blogosphere. If you don't do things, what is there to blog about?

the girls of gt said...

Hadn't thought of it that way, Susie, but you're totally right! Nothing like taking a few days off for some renewed inspiration!