Friday, January 2, 2009

even a 17-month-old can make a point

My youngest daughter's favorite thing to do these days is toddle over to my computer desk, furrow her brow while looking at me and pull my left arm down by my side while I'm typing. While she's using her right arm to pull my left arm away she uses her left hand to push in the pull-out keyboard shelf thing so I can no longer type. Do you think she's trying to tell me something? Somthing along the lines of "Hey, Mom, I'm kind of tired of your endless typing and lack of one-on-one attention. Could you get off your butt and like, feed me or change me or even play with me or something?" Yeah, I'm thinking that's just what she's trying to say...and trust me, it's pretty easy to listen when you're no longer able to reach the keyboard. (And yes, that's exactly how I look when I'm working on my computer.) --Emily

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh girl I am SO THERE!!! Aurora used to play for hours by herself...Ziva is the opposite completely! She climbs in my lap and says "Ziva turn" and presses the buttons, lol!

Chrispy Critter said...

Do you have 4 kids now? I didn't know you had another one.
chrispy

the girls of gt said...

Hi, Chrispy! Yes, I have four now. Livi is almost 1 1/2! George is now 3 if you can believe it! My Facebook page has a few recent photos. :) We miss you guys!

nicole aka gidget said...

I can relate to this too! :)