Monday, January 5, 2009

and the survey says...

I don't mind filling out surveys. It's a great way to provide a company feedback on my shopping experience or my healthcare provider on the type of service I received at my last visit. I've also helped college students gather information for a class project and fellow websites decide which new products to carry.

Many of the surveys I've filled out have been hosted/created by SurveyMonkey.com and I've always been impressed with their simple yet easy-to-navigate design. With the new year just beginning I thought it the perfect time to feature SurveyMonkey on mompreneur monday. As a business owner you may be looking to change up your product line, improve your customer service or just find out what type of customers frequent your site or business. Using an online survey is an easy and affordable way to do so.

SurveyMonkey launched in 1999 and is an online tool that allows anyone (no experience necessary) to create their own surveys. The process is quick and easy and the feedback is priceless. Apparently more than 80% of the Fortune 100 use SurveyMonkey, so you're in good company! Here are just a sampling of the great features of SurveyMonkey's surveys:

  • Various types of questions, from multiple choice to rating scales to open-ended text.
  • Over 50 survey templates
  • Support for any language
  • Custom themes
  • Ability to validate responses

SurveyMonkey has a few video tutorials to get you started. Membership is free and the pricing fits just about any budget--including those of us with no budget at all! If you want to find out what your customers really think about your business, all you need to do is ask, and SurveyMonkey will help you do just that. --Emily

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SurveyMonkey is an okay service, but as soon as I started having feedback from my customers/survey participants that they were having some issues while in the middle of doing my surveys I switched to Zoomerang. I was vey glad I did, you can get more features with a free Zoomerang basic account than with SurveyMonkey. I can now ask up to 30 questions! I also like their blog, some good tips and interesting posts there http://zoomerang.wordpress.com