Friday, August 29, 2008

Susie's Homemade spider cake

For today's food for thought friday I'd like to introduce you to Susie's Homemade, a wonderful and fairly new food-related (and garden- and entertaining-related) blog. Though Susie's blogs is heavy on cake decorating, which is my favorite part, she also blogs about gardening, simple suppers, and her entries in Iron Cupcake bake-offs. I had no idea those even existed!

This past week Susie's Homemade featured a spooky and totally yummy spider cake complete with a few eight-legged creatures. It's the perfect cake for those of us with children whose birthdays fall in October (ask me about the guts-filled spider cake I made a few years back...). Along with Susie's Homemade blog, check out Susie's Homemade chocolates on Etsy. Your mouth will water just looking at the pictures of her Peanut Butter Chip Cookie Dough Balls. I just might have to order a few for my birthday in September! --Emily

1 comment:

Susie said...

Wow!! I am food for thought??!! That's awesome!! Thank you so much for such a wonderful tribute! I am literally speechless (and that's hard to do:-)!!!