Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Chapter One Organics, fashion with a fresh start

Here is another attempt at a fashion trend tuesday without LeShan. I know, I know, they're a lot less exciting but I do my best! Today I'm featuring a company I reviewed on Monday's Daily Dish, Chapter One Organics.

Jennifer Murphy, a mom and entrepreneur, designs "fun, modern, and organic baby and toddler clothes from sustainable materials," and by providing customers with fashionable, sustainable clothing her company is also creating green jobs for women facing various employment barriers. Murphy is essentially giving both your little ones and women in need a fresh start.

Going green is always in fashion and Chapter One Organics does it beautifully. The clothing line offers tops and bottoms, dresses, rompers, bibs and blankets in super soft organic cotton (made in the USA, fair labor, fair wage). My little L received the Groovy Pink Dress and it's by far one of the softest, grooviest dresses in her closet. I also love the Earthluxe Eggplant Top & Bottoms and Alphabet Soup Romper.

Along with designing sustainable clothing Murphy has also written a book called The Green Eaters. The book portrays five farm animal friends who dream of a better life outside of Dreary Day factory farm. The animals are granted a fresh start when they move to an organic farm. The Green Eaters is a simple yet engaging way for children to learn a little more about organic living, so pick up a copy for your little ones. --Emily

No comments: