Wednesday, May 14, 2008

ohdeedoh--therapy for that kid clutter problem

I have four kids ages 10, 8, 2 and 9 months. That means I have piles, and more than four of them. From schoolwork (at least that pile will be gone soon) to mismatched socks to toys, my house isn't the everything-in-its-place place I'd like it to be. If you're in a similar situation then you've got to add ohdeedoh to your must-read blog list.

ohdeedoh is "a site for people who care about good design, but happen to have children." Yep, that would be me. Actually I used to care about good design and then had children, but I think I could care again with the helpful--and affordable--tips and tricks I've read on this site. And I especially love the photos, community feel and participation ohdeedoh offers.

ohdeedoh is one of Apartment Therapy's family of sites where the prevalent belief is "a calm, healthy, beautiful home is a necessary foundation for happiness and success in the world. Creating this home doesn’t require large amounts of money or space. ... Simplicity and luxury are not mutually exclusive." I especially love that last line!

One of my favorite parts of ohdeedoh is the home tour feature where you catch a sneak peak into a variety of different nursery and toy rooms and hopefully get inspired to be just as organized. (I'm inspired but have yet to do anything about it--LOL!) Take a look around ohdeedoh. I guarantee you'll find something to remind you good design really can happen to good people even if those good people have kids. --Emily

No comments: