Thursday, December 13, 2007

need an adjustment?

After watching a program last Sunday on the Travel Channel about a tribe in New Guinea, I was inspired for today's Thankful Thursday. We women complain about everything sagging, I don't think we really know what sagging is until we have to go without the help from modern day fashion, i.e. bras and spandex! BTW the men sag too, and it's not pretty!

So for 1. I am grateful for clothing. I'm grateful that I am able to clothe my family, and that my kids can put on a jacket when they head out to school so they don't freeze. Well, if you live in below freezing climates that still might not help, you could move to Florida (Emily). 2. I'm grateful that my kids can go to school...yes, I need it as much as they do! 3. I can put food on the table every night if I so choose, or the drive-thru works too. At least I don't have to go dig it out of the ground, and eat it even though it tastes like dirt 4. Running water, and that I don't have to walk 5 miles each way, only to carry it back on my head and risk being eaten by a wild animal 5. Cars, and gas to put in the car, so I can getaway when I need to. Even if it's to the grocery store a few miles down the road.

This time of year, it's easy for me to think about all the things I need to do and get, and if only I had more time and more money. But it's really all about the attitude adjustment and having the attitude of gratitude.--LeShan

1 comment:

the girls of gt said...

Thank you for the reminder about what's really important this time of year! And I'm all ready to move to Florida--I'm freezing my butt off here in Utah!