Thursday, May 21, 2009

I'm off to Orlando!

If you're reading this then I'm already in Orlando soaking up the east coast sunshine while visiting my BFF LeShan. I'm actually writing this Sunday night at 1 a.m. in the morning as I try to get everything ready before I leave. Yes, I am super lucky to be able to head out sans kids for a little R&R but if you're a mom, you know how much work it takes to leave your family motherless for more than 24 hours. I can't even go there right now!

Instead I will pretend, for the sake of this post, I am lying on Clearwater Beach in Florida with SPF 30+, a pair of sunglasses, a good book and an ice-cold Diet Coke. *sigh* That's MUCH better! And since I am going for a true vacation I won't be posting for the next few days, but check back early next week to see if all the laundry, scheduling, cleaning and last-minute grocery (and diaper) shopping was worth it. (I already know the answer to that one...) And maybe I'll even bring you back a souvenir or two, like some sand between my toes and a great photo of LeShan and me without a care in the world! --Emily


Image by turtlemom4bacon, shared via Flickr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a fabulous trip!!

Holly - The Work at Home Woman said...

Have a great time, that sounds sooo nice! I been recently wondering what to do with my blog while I'm on vacation, a Bon Voyage post is a great idea!