Friday, October 23, 2009

Thank you, Costco

My energy is sapped so today's food for thought friday is a simple one. I love Costco. I love Costco enough that I limit my visits to only going when Livi needs more diapers. (I'm not sure what I'll do when she's finally potty trained--perhaps limit my trips to only going when we run out of Fresh Gourmet Roasted Garlic Focaccia Croutons?) Today was one of those days so we headed there with list in hand, and with two kids sitting side by side in a Costco cart I was determined to make it a quick trip.

And by quick trip I mean not stopp
ing and tasting every little thing offered through what I call the Costco "buffet." Those tasting tables have suckered me into buying a few things not on my list, most of which I'm eternally grateful for (Ghirardelli brownies, freshly made tortillas and Johnny's Great Caesar! Garlic Spread & Seasoning to name a few), and today was no exception. Here are the previously unlisted items I brought home from Costco today. They will be on my list from here on out:

Sabra Hummus with Sun Dried Tomatoes &
Brookside Dark Chocolate Pomegranate


We were already fans of Food Should Taste Good MultiGrain Tortilla Chips and had those in our pantry--how handy, especially since those are what the fabulous taste-testing lady was using to sample the hummus. And that hummus? Super tasty...and I don't even like hummus! As for the dark chocolate pomegranate? TO. DIE. FOR. I may need a 12-step program once I've consumed the entire bag.

Anyone else tasted and then purchased while walking the aisles at Costco? What's been your best find thanks to those all-knowing, latex-gloved ladies? Do share! --Emily

3 comments:

Amy said...

I can't begin to list how many items have been added to our costco list because of the costco buffet. My favorite is Squaw bread (a dark rye bread) that is baked in Ogden and has 0 grams of fat. I haven't tried the honey whole wheat yet but it's fat free too. You should try it- it's in with all of the other breads.

Pineapple Princess said...

I'm enjoying your blog so much! I should totally be in bed, but I had to leave you a comment! :)

Emily said...

Amy, I'll have to try that Squaw bread. I've never seen it! Sounds super yummy!

Pineapple Princess, thank you so much for your comment. So glad you're enjoying the blog! :)