When it comes to real estate, now may not be the best time to sell...unless you have a home in our price range, in our fantastic neighborhood with the most awesome elementary school and fantastic view of the mountains from your front door. Today we officially listed our Sandy, Utah home for sale. Why? Well, we've already lived here longer than we thought and simply felt it was time to look for our 20-year home.
To view the full listing on UtahRealEstate.com, click here. I've included a slideshow of the still photos in this post since they're larger than the ones on the sight. BUT the listing does have a virtual tour (if you click Property Tour on the listing page) and that's kind of cool!
A few things to note:
- The colors are a bit different than you see in the photos. For example, the reds are brighter than they are in real life and the blue in the theater room is richer and darker.
- The virtual tour shows the step-up area off the formal living room, which we are currently using as a mini family room. This was originally used as a formal dining area and looks really cool that way. Simply use the casual dining area off the kitchen as your family room instead!
- Take a close look at those pictures--my home will NEVER be that clean again! (Totally kidding--we're keeping it clean 24/7 around here much to the dismay of my family but totally not to the dismay of me!)
The basic info:
Sandy, UT 84092
1978 brick rambler
3200 sq ft
6 bedrooms/(1) full bathroom & (2) 3/4 bathrooms
And here's the description from the realtor:
What a beautiful and fully finished rambler in Sandy. Wonderful features include a great and open floor plan with nice-sized rooms, a beautiful yard, walking distance to the trail system and incredible mountain views. Easy to show. Call for an appointment.
Here's some not-so-basic info, or what I like to call...
(in no particular order)
- Park Lane Elementary is one of the best in the district--and the Canyons School District is brand new for the 2009-2010 school year. It's going to be awesome!
- The views as you drive up the street to our home are breathtaking. Gotta love those Utah mountains!
- Sandy has everything you could want: Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Nordstrom Rack, two large movie theaters, South Towne mall, Tai Pan Trading Co., plus it's only 20 minutes from Salt Lake City, 30 minutes from Provo and 20 minutes from the airport (depending on who's driving).
- Quiet, friendly neighbors who bail you out of a nearly doomed recipe by giving you eggs or sugar (or both) at a moment's notice.
- The home faces directly south so you shovel half as often as your north-facing neighbors. The roofline is such that the sun comes through the windows in the winter but doesn't hit them full force in the summer.
- Rambler with 3200 square feet--need I say more?
- Low-maintenance yard; you couldn't kill those roses if you tried. Just ask me....I know.
- The home theater rocks! Staggered seating, surround sound and a hidden closet in the corner for your audio equipment. By the way, the risers in the theater look permanent but are completely removable.
- All rooms have high-quality cable and internet connections. Hello, I'm married to an electrical (and software) engineer!
- My favorite feature? The central vacuum kick-plate under the bar in the kitchen. Simply sweep all those Goldfish cracker crumbs and Cheerios into a small pile, kick it open and that baby will suck all those crumbs goodbye. It may even suck up the family pet so use with caution! (Totally kidding!)