Friday, September 11, 2009

Follow that blog: Two Peas and Their Pod

For today's food for thought friday let me introduce you to Two Peas and Their Pod, a blog featuring the culinary adventures of the cutest married couple, Maria and Josh: "We are a great team in the kitchen. We love trying new recipes, techniques, and flavors. We try to keep it healthy, but of course we have to splurge once in awhile."

They do splurge, and boy do I love it when they do! Take this Grilled Mediterranean Pizza they featured for Labor Day weekend:


Or these to-die-for Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies:


The site is full of wonderful, tempting recipes, tasty photos and a few anecdotes that keep the posts "fresh." My question is, who does most of the cooking and who does most of the dishes?

Though not as decadent as the cookie recipe above, here's one of my all-time favorite cookie recipes from Allrecipes.com. Enjoy!

Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodles
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.

Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.

"I've never felt like I was in the cookie business. I've always been in a feel good feeling business. My job is to sell joy. My job is to sell happiness. My job is to sell an experience." ~Debbi Fields

1 comment:

tspegar said...

yay! i love maria and she is a fun little cook! cute write up... glad you featured her!