Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Busted on my birthday

Actually, my birthday isn't until this Saturday and no, I haven't done anything wrong but I was trying to come up with something fun yet quick I could post for today's fashion trend tuesday. (Fun because it's been seriously NOT fun unpacking this house and quick because I'm figuratively and literally cross-eyed every night due to sheer exhaustion from said unpacking.) The one thing that immediately came to mind is the totally awesome t-shirt Nathan bought me for my birthday:


The tee is from BustedTees, which has some dang hilarious stuff (though you may want to check it out when the kids aren't around...a few might warrant some unwanted explanations). The tee is here but I'm not allowed to wear it until Saturday even though I keep reminding Nathan I prefer to celebrate my birthday all month week long.

If you know me well then you know this is the perfect t-shirt for me. I tend to be a grammar/spelling/chocolate (wait, how did that last one get in there?) snob. I get a good laugh when I discover a misspelled word someplace like a news headline or caption. That doesn't mean I don't have my fair share of typos; when it comes to blog posts on this site (or emails to friends or Facebook status updates or tweets) I'm a bit less concerned.

Once I finally get to wear my new tee I'll be sure and have Nathan snap a photo for a follow-up post. It will be proof that for once I didn't return something my husband bought me! --Emily

P.S. By the way, I enjoy freelance work like writing press releases, editing blog posts, etc. so if you or anyone you know would like some help crossing their T's and dotting their I's, let me know! emihill{at}gmail{dot}com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! You told me about the shirt awhile ago & it's fun to see it in person. It is the PERFECT shirt for you! How fun! And Happy Birthday early! xoxo