Monday, July 20, 2009

Moms Who Make It: One great recap

As many of you know I have loads of excuses for why I'm only posting a couple times a week, one being Moms Who Make It '09, a conference I helped plan and which took place last Thursday. I am still recovering (who knew I could be THIS exhausted) but the time and energy was well worth it. The conference was a success, and when I say success I'm talking about quality not quantity.

Though the turnout was smaller than we had initially hoped, it was perfect for our first annual MWMI conference. But those small numbers did not make for a "small" conference. The keynote and closing speakers totally rocke
d and the mini classes and breakout sessions were chock full of helpful, inspiring, useful information. The meals were delicious, the swag bags full of treats and the after party full of sorbet, music and even a little dancing.

I wish I had more time to write but I am still swimming in those other "why I'm not posting regularly" excuses like the sale of our home, the endless hunt for a new home, a trip to California and training for a half marathon. Th
ank heavens one of our backstage bloggers, or "sexy six" as we like to call them, wrote a post last week that does a fabulous job recapping the conference. It was truly a wonderful day and everyone there is already looking forward to MWMI '10. Believe it or not, so are we!

For some great photos, a sneak peek at the classes and potentially embarrassing after-party video (go, Evonne!) check out Vanessa's post "Just What I Needed--Moms Who Make It Conference" on her site I Never Grew Up. Don't be surprised if it leaves you a little sad...sad you weren't there this year. Good thing you have next year to look forward to! --Emily

P.S. You can see a list of the Moms Who Are Making It winners on Crazi Beautiful's site here!


Vanessa, Quinn and I at the end of the conference.
Can you tell we're super uplifted and inspired?


5 comments:

Jack Hadley said...

Do you know of a place online that lists the winners of the awards? Thanks. We have friends that were nominated for awards and want to send congrats!

Unknown said...

Thank you for letting me be apart of this awesome conference. I had so much fun shakin' my bootay, and I can't be too embarrassed...BECAUSE I would totally do it all again. LOL

Loves you!

the girls of gt said...

You can see a list of the winners on Crazi Beautiful's site at http://www.crazibeautiful.com/honoringWomanhood/. Congrats to all the winners!

Anonymous said...

Thank you soooo much for your help with MWMI '09!!! You truly give dreams flight, for me & everyone around you. It was a privilege to work with you & I love you dearly!! xoxo (MWMI '10 - woot!)

the girls of gt said...

Right back at ya, babe! Already looking forward to (and planning) MWMI '10!