Wednesday, January 23, 2008

DonorsChoose.org helps you help students

This week I stumbled upon a great infant apparel site called "food fight." I knew I would love it as soon as I read their tagline: "hide the evidence...change your shirt." Yep, that's something my kids would so do! Their tees are a lot of fun, my favorites being "Mr. Mischief" and "1-2-3 Not It!" But what really impressed me about food fight is that $1 of every sale goes to a worthy cause, DonorsChoose.org.

DonorsChoose.org reminds me of Kiva.org, a site where you can donate to an entrepreneur in a less developed country. DonorsChoose.org connects classrooms in need with individuals who want to help. Teachers ask for materials and experiences they feel their students need, you choose which classroom project you'd like to donate to, and then the students send you photos and thank-you notes about the learning experience you helped provide. DonorsChoose.org is a great way to supply public schools with the resources they so desperately need.

If you're big into supporting public education and looking for a charitable way to do so, then visit DonorsChoose.org. I guarantee you'll find a classroom project that tugs at your heart strings; do something about it and donate! --Emily

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute site! What a great oppurtunity to give back as well!